Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Fourth of July Salad


First off I have no clue as to why this is called a salad, but it is  a Strawberry Pretzel Salad. Now moving on. This "salad" is one off my mothers favorite treats. It is both sweet and salty, and it includes Jello. Unfortunately for me, and fortunate for her (The Jello part if you do not follow).I HATE Jello. Therefore, while everyone else got seconds and raved about it, I had one piece and was not tempted to get another. To everyone else it was delicious though! I must say the cream cheese filling and crust were fantastic! If you're wondering why I made this on il quatro di luglio it is because it's red, white, and...well brown. Whatever!


Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe

There were some modifications to cut calories such as:
1/3 less fat cream cheese
sugar free jello
fat free pretzels

Also I cooked the crust at 350 for ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment