Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Non-Toxic French Silk Pie

So a few days ago it was my best friend's birthday. She fears raw eggs but loves french silk pie. She wanted such a pie for her birthday treat, thus started the search for raw egg free french silk pie. To cook the eggs I ended up combining the sugar and eggs over medium heat until they reached 160 degrees. You're probably thinking "Wouldn't that make sugary scrambled eggs?" and that was my worry to. But thank god, by stirring continuously I didn't get nasty, sweet fried egg embryos. (My friend would not have liked that more than she dislikes raw eggs...actually she hates eggs in general...) Later I made whipped cream and watched a video to learn how. It is an hilarious video if you accidentally turn the captions on and think that is what he is actually saying. In the end I sprinkled the pie with two crushed sticks of giant Pocky, and my friend did enjoy her pie. We ate it for breakfast the morning after our sleepover. It was pretty darn tasty!


 
Pie recipe/video This guy goes into way too much detail, but it is still helpful. Oh, and I used a grahm cracker crust instead.
Watch this with captions and realize why I was so confused while making my whipped cream. P.S. What does Somalia and polly cookies have to do with whipped cream?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment